Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Baleada Stand





Our life is so normal to me that I don't think about it, until I sometimes stop and realize how different this is from my childhood :). 

Baleada Stand 

Yesterday afternoon my kids and I were on our way to town so Maddy asked if we could stop and get baleadas (flour tortilla with refried beans, sour cream, cheese, and sometimes scrambled eggs) from Patricia who has this stand on the side of the road. I tried to call ahead our order - no luck - no cell phone signal at the moment. So we stopped, placed our order and then sat and waited for 15 minutes while she made them. 

Cars passed kicking up dust that went right into Patricia's face, our food, and her kitchen the entire time.  

No napkins given. 

All served in a big pile on one plate. 

$2.60 for 6 of these delicious, dusted delicacies. 

3 happy kids

If you've yet to have a baleada, come to Honduras and try one. You'll understand.






No comments: