Sunday, September 28, 2014

September: a month of recovery

The first 8 months of the year have been so incredibly busy - we clearly knew what God was having us do this year, and that it'd be a really busy time. The end of August was the finish line I've been looking towards for quite a few months now. And we made it! Since then, I've taken the time to process how to go back towards living at 110% instead 210%... A pace I couldn't keep up for much longer.   So, I've finished a few books I had started, did a few projects I never had time for, have made many sand castles, and visited neighbors just to say hi. It's been good! So, I thought we hadn't don't much this month, until I looked back through the month: it's been a good full! 

Children's day: 
is a bigger deal for kids than their own birthday - because they usually don't get a cake for their birthday (too expensive) but for children's day it's a huge celebration! So El Ayudante participated by making and delivering 600 cupcakes plus a few pinatas - going to 10 schools all over the valley and the mountain. It was a lot of fun!



Independence Day: 
September 15th means parades! Fun times on the hot streets of Comayagua :) 



And did I mention I got to help do ultrasounds!? (Thanks Jess!) seriously no two days are the same! 


No comments: